New Winter Support Service Launched – from 1st November
Shropshire Council, in partnership with its health colleagues has commissioned a Winter Support Service to help residents across Shropshire who are vulnerable, and potentially vulnerable during the coming months.
The service can offer:
assessment and ongoing support to people identified as needing help, including:
- Transport returning home from hospital
- Settling people in at home following discharge from hospital
- Fitting of low-level equipment e.g. key safes and pendant alarms
- Collecting and delivering medications
- Shopping and delivery
- Wellbeing home visits
- Hot meal delivery
- Companionship for isolated or lonely people
The service cannot offer:
a crisis response or personal care, but it will work as part of the health and care system to ensure that people get the support that they need through appropriate referrals and signposting.
From the 1st of November Shropshire residents and those who support people in the community will be able to call the Winter Wellness helpline on 0345 678 9012 in order to find out more and be referred where appropriate.