And then there was one
Until recently there were two vacancies on the Parish Council but at the June meeting John Houghton became the newest councillor.
John served in the British Army and now operates in a Health and Safety capacity within the construction industry. He moved to Ruyton XI Towns around 6 years ago and has come to love the place. He wanted to get to know people better and to get involved in the life of the community so decided to volunteer as a Parish Councillor.
How about you? Could you fill that final place?
Join and be an active member of our local community and help us with crime and safety, planning issues, environment, highways and local services.
- be 18 or over AND on the electoral register, or a resident of the Parish, or live within three miles of the Parish as the crow flies, or own a business in the Parish
- be able to attend evening meetings every month
- have an interest in local issues
- have a desire to improve the quality of life in the Parish
- be able to represent the views of local people
The position is unpaid and voluntary, but some expenses such as training are paid for by the Parish Council.
For further details please contact the Parish Clerk using our contact form